Top 5 Tips for Matching Wood Furniture and Flooring
Have you just purchased a new Perth home with timber floorboards? Or maybe you have replaced the old flooring in your current house in Perth with timber flooring. The next question on your mind…. How do i match my furniture with the timber floorboards?
Despite what you might think, the wood finishes in your Perth home don’t always need to match.
If done correctly, you can easily create a striking room using a range of wood tones, colours and styles. Rarely does in Perth anyone buy all their furniture from the same shop, meaning you have a variety of textures and patterns in your furniture and flooring to work with.
Perth home owners, here are our Floor Sanders top 5 tips for mix-matching:
- Look for complimentary undertones: Are the woods warm or cool tone. Example; If you were to use all warm tone woods but different textures/colours for the ceiling beams and also the kitchen bench, despite being different they still work together well. This is a good place to start if you are unsure about mixing the wood finishings in your Perth home.
- Either match the wood grains or mix-it-up: You need to commit whichever way you decide to go. Don’t use predominantly one type of grain for the room and then have one piece of decor a different grain, this will be extremely obvious.
- Simplify it: Keep it to just a few different wood finishes in the room, as it is easier to create a balanced look. If you have a wide variety of different styles and wood finishes in your furniture, split them between rooms in your Perth home so that each room has no more than two or three different wood finishes. This will help create a more balanced look between rooms.
- Choose a “star” of the room: Do you have an obvious “standout” piece of furniture? Make sure to use this are the star of the room in your Perth home. Use complimenting softer wood tones around it, allowing this piece of furniture to stand out.
- Personality: Introduce your personality into the room, your own sense of style. Remember this is your Perth home, if you think it works then that’s all that matters.
For all your timber flooring needs our Perth Floor Sanders have over 20 years experience.
Contact the team at New Age Timber today.