New Age Timber floors mainly use Polycure and Bona Traffic products. In our experience these products provide a high quality finish.
In relation to whether to go a solvent based or water based coat, there are a number of considerations.
Water based coats are:
- environmentally friendly
- non toxic
- recommended for asthmatics and respiratory issues.
- Used to give a natural appearance and usually makes the timber appear lighter
- Does not provide a truly high gloss finish though
Solvent based coats:
- Are used to provide a high gloss finish or a very flat finish
- deepen the colour of the timber.